Friday, February 16, 2018

Third Grade Space

Third graders watched a short slide show I made about the history of space exploration in America. They were fascinated!  Some kiddos have read a lot about space and had a lot to share. Others had a lot of questions. Fortunately I had several books from the library, because I struggled with a few of the questions!  I grew up watching astronauts land and walk on the moon. I  also raised 4 sons  who were, and are, very scientifically minded. I had a lot of Space books in my home.  I still have more to learn!
 Today we painted textured papers using texture combs.  It was tons of fun, very process oriented, and successful. We will save these to collage planets, moons, asteroids, shooting stars, etc.  We will need a few weeks working on this project!  More to come!
Thanks to Painted Paper for the inspiration.




No comments: